Last Updated: February 3rd, 2017.
These terms and conditions of use (the “Website Terms”) apply to your access to and use of any materials, content or services provided through the website located at www.lexagene.com, and such other websites and locations as may be made available from time to time (collectively, the “Website”), owned and operated by LexaGene Holdings Inc. (“LexaGene”, “we”, “us”, “our”). By accessing and using the Website, you accept and agree to be bound by these Website Terms, and all applicable laws and regulations.
PLEASE READ THESE WEBSITE TERMS CAREFULLY, AS THEY CONTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARIDNG YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, REMEDIES AND OBLIGATIONS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, VARIOUS LIMITATIONS, EXCLUSIONS AND INDEMNITIES.
Your use of the Website is subject to these Website Terms. If you are not willing to be bound by each and every term and condition, or if any representation made by you herein is not true, you may not use, and must immediately cease accessing, the Website.
Updates to Website Terms
We reserve the right to amend these Website Terms at any time without notice to you, but we will use reasonable efforts to publish each amendment before it becomes effective. We will ensure that the latest, fully-amended version of these Website Terms are published on the Website. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the Website to obtain timely notice of such amendments. If any amendment is unacceptable to you, you may terminate your agreement to these Website Terms as set out above. If you continue to use the Website after the effective date of each amendment, you will be conclusively deemed to have accepted such amended version of these Website.
License to Use
Subject to these Website Terms, we grant you permission to access the Website as a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited license to use the Website for transitory, non-commercial purposes, provided that with respect to any materials obtained from the Website, you may not:
- modify, copy, reproduce or create derivative works of such materials, except as explicitly provided;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose;
- distribute or transmit the materials;
- publicly display, publish or perform the materials (for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial);
- create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any materials;
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software, hardware (i.e. LexaGene’s automated instrument, sample preparation cartridges, and instrument accessories), or database contained in or access through the Website; or
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations;
without our prior, written consent. All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by us and, if applicable, our licensors. For greater clarity, you are permitted to provide links to the Website through email, social media, or other similar methods, provided that such methods do not involve framing or embedding of any portion of the Website within another website or service, imply any affiliation between you and us, or you and the Website, or portray us or the Website in a false, misleading, derogatory or otherwise defamatory manner.
The Website is intended solely for users who are 13 years of age or older, and any registration, use or access to the Website by anyone under 13 is unauthorized, unlicensed, and in violation of these Website Terms. We may delete any content or information that you have posted on or through the Website, and/or prohibit you from using or accessing the Website (or any portion, aspect or feature of the Website) for any reason or no reason, at any time in its sole discretion, with or without notice, including without limitation if we have any reason to believe that you are under 13.
If you are under the greater of 18 years of age or the age of majority in your jurisdiction, you may use the Website only if you either are an emancipated minor (where that term is legally effective), or possess legal parental or guardian consent, and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations, and warranties set forth in this Agreement, and to abide by and comply with this Agreement.
In these Website Terms, “Content” means all materials and content, including designs, editorial, text, graphics, audiovisual materials, multimedia elements, photographs, videos, music, sound recordings, reports, documents, software, information, formulae, patterns, data and any other work.
Our Content – Except where expressly stated otherwise, all right, title and interest in and to the Website and all Content, source code, processes, designs, technologies, URLs, domain names, marks and logos forming any part of the Website (collectively, “Our Content”) is fully vested in us, our licensors or our suppliers and are protected by applicable copyrights, trade-marks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws. You agree that Our Content is licensed subject to these Website Terms, including the disclaimers and limitations of liability herein. Nothing in your use of the Website or these Website terms grants you any right, title or interest in or to Our Content except the limited right to use the Website as set out herein.
Third Party Content – Content accessed or available through the Website or the Internet may be owned by parties other than you or us (collectively, “Third Party Content”) and may be protected by applicable copyrights, trade-marks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws. Nothing in your use of the Website or these Website Terms grants you any right, title or interest in or to this Third Party Content except for the limited right to use the Website as set out herein.
Responsibility for Content – You acknowledge and agree that you are exclusively responsible for determining the accuracy, suitability, harmfulness or legality of any content, information or material received, transmitted or sent by you using the Website.
Public Transmission and Caching – You acknowledge and agree that the technical processing and transmission of the Website, including Content, may involve transmissions over various networks and changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices, and that such Content may be subject to “caching” or other technical processing or transmission policies and procedures by us or at intermediate locations on the Internet.
Feedback – All right, title and interest in and to comments, ideas, suggestions and impressions of the Website and our products given by you to us (collectively, the “Feedback”) is and shall be deemed to be our property and, by submitting Feedback to us, you agree that you thereby assign to us all right, title and interest to such Feedback to us.
Compliance and Complaints – We do not have any obligation to censor or review any Third-Party Content or to monitor use of the Website. However, you agree that we may, without notice or liability, disclose to third parties any of your information, monitor use of the Website and monitor, review and retain any Content if we believe in good faith that such activity is reasonably necessary to provide the Website to customers, ensure adherence to or enforce these Website Terms, comply with any laws or regulations, respond to any allegation of illegal conduct or claimed violation of third party rights, or protect us or others. If we receive a complaint relating to use of the Website by you, you acknowledge and agree that we may, in our sole and absolute discretion and without notice or liability, investigate the complaint, and restrict, suspend or terminate your access to the Website.
Copyright Notice – The Website and all Content is owned and copyrighted by LexaGene and/or its licensors, and is licensed to you in accordance with these Website Terms only.
Trademark Notice – The trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed on or through the Website are the property (whether registered or unregistered) of LexaGene, its licensors or other third parties. You are not permitted to use trademarks, logos and service marks for any purpose without our prior, written consent. Except as expressly indicated on the website, no endorsement, sponsorship, affiliation or other authorization is implied by any use of third party trademarks.
Copyright Complaints – If you believe that any Content on the Website infringes upon any copyright or other intellectual property right that you own or control, please send a written notification of such infringement to our designated agent
by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org or
by mail at:
Attn: Jack Regan
Suite 303, 750 West Pender Street, Vancouver, B.C., V6C 2T7
To meet the notice requirements under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act , the notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- a statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
To meet the notice requirements under Canada’s Copyright Act, the notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- the claimant’s name and address;
- the identity of the work to which the alleged infringement relates;
- the claimant’s interest or rights in respect of the work;
- the type of infringement claimed;
- the electronic location data for which the alleged infringement relates; and
- the date and time of the alleged infringing activity.
Infringer and Repeat Infringer Policy – We have adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at our sole discretion, users who are deemed to be repeat infringers of intellectual property. We may also, at our sole discretion, limit access to the Website of any user who infringes any intellectual property rights of us or others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
Acceptable Use and Prohibitions
In addition to any other terms or conditions regarding your use of the Website in these Website Terms, we may require you to agree to specific terms for particular services, products or areas of the Website from time to time by confirming your agreement. Any such additional terms which you agree to will be deemed incorporated into these Website Terms.
Proper Conduct (Things You Must Do) – Without limiting the generality of anything else contained in these Website Terms, you must ensure that:
- you only use the Website for lawful purposes; and
- if at any time you become aware of any violation, by any person or entity under your control, of any part of these Website Terms, you will immediately notify us and provide us with assistance, as requested, to stop or remedy such violation
Prohibited Conduct (Things You Must Not Do) – Without limiting the generality of anything else contained in these Website Terms, you agree that you will not, inconnection with the Website, directly or indirectly do or permit any of the following:
- scan or probe another computer system, obstruct or bypass computer identification procedures or engage in unauthorized computer or network trespass without the express permission of the owners of such computer systems;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate any protocols or identifiers used in any system or protocol in such a manner to disguise the origin of any data transmitted using the Website;
- impersonate or falsely represent your association with any person, including a representative of us;
- disrupt or threaten the integrity, operation or security of any service, computer or any Internet system;
- disable or circumvent any access control or related process or procedure established with respect to the Website;
- sublicense, share, resell, reproduce, copy, distribute, redistribute, or exploit for any commercial purposes (except for your internal, personal, non-commercial purposes), any portion of, use of or access to, any Website, except where expressly authorized by us;
- harvest, scrape, extract, gather, collect, or store personal information about others without their express consent; or
- harvest, scrape, or use any robot, spider, crawler, script or other automated means or interface not provided by us to access the Website or to extract data, collect information or otherwise interact with the Website.
We may, in our sole discretion, suspend, restrict or terminate your use of the Website effective at any time, without notice to you, for any reason, including if the operation or efficiency of the Website or our or any third party’s equipment or network is impaired by your use of the Website, we have received a third party complaint which relates to your use or misuse of the Website, or you have been or are in breach of any term or condition of this Agreement
Disclaimers, Limits of Liability and Indemnities
Internet-Based Limitations – Your use of the Website depends on the Internet, including networks, cabling, facilities and equipment that is not in our control; accordingly (i) we cannot guarantee any minimum level regarding such performance, speed, reliability, availability, use or consistency, and (ii) data, messages, information or materials sent over the Internet may not be completely private, and your anonymity is not guaranteed.
Customer Acknowledgement – You acknowledge and agree that (i) all use of the Website provided by us is at your own risk, (ii) the Content that you may access while using the Website may contain links to other websites, which are provided solely as a convenience to you and the inclusion of any such link does not imply endorsement, investigation or verification by us of such websites or the information contained therein, and (iii) all products and services provided under these Website Terms are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis.
Disclaimer of Warranties – We make no conditions, warranties or representations about the suitability, reliability, usability, security, quality, capacity, performance, availability, timeliness or accuracy of the Website. We expressly disclaim all conditions, warranties and representations, express, implied or statutory, including implied conditions or warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title and non-infringement, whether arising by usage of trade, by course of dealing, by course of performance, at law, in equity, by statute or otherwise howsoever.
No Liability – Notwithstanding any other provision of these Website Terms, in no event will we, our affiliates, or our controlling parties, agents employees, suppliers, licensors, resellers or distributors (collectively in these disclaimers and limitations, “we” or “us”) be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages, or any other damages or losses whatsoever, including damages for loss of profits, goodwill, opportunity, earnings, use or data, arising directly or indirectly from or related to these Website Terms or the Website, or any Content or software in connection therewith, regardless of the cause of action and even if one or more of us have been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses, or if such damages or losses would be reasonably foreseeable, including damages or losses arising from or in any way related to the following:
- sending, receiving, not sending, not receiving, loss, deletion or alteration of any transmissions, data or transactions entered into through or using the Website;
- any suspension, curtailment, restriction, termination or other limitation placed on your use of the Website;
- any act or omission of you or any third party, including any threatening, defamatory, obscene, offensive or illegal conduct or any infringement of another’s rights, including intellectual property rights;
- the performance of the Internet or the Website;
- the content or accuracy of any material, information or data (including any software) related to these Website Terms or viewed, downloaded, accessed or transmitted using, over or through the Internet or the Website, including material that infringes the rights of others or otherwise violates laws or regulations; and
- delays, errors, interruptions, mistakes, omissions, non-delivery, incorrect delivery, viruses, Trojan horses, spyware, spam or defects in the transmission of any information, material or data over or through our systems or networks or the systems or networks of third parties.
Applicability – Some jurisdictions prohibit the disclaimer of certain warranties or conditions or the limitation of certain types of liability. In such circumstances, to the extent that such prohibitions prohibit any exclusions and limitations in these Website Terms, such exclusions and limitations will not apply to you strictly to the extent necessary to make these Website Terms consistent with such prohibitions.
Indemnity By You – You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from all liabilities, actions, proceedings, claims, causes of action, demands, debts, losses, damages, charges and costs, including reasonable legal costs, any amount paid to settle any such action, or to satisfy a judgment, and expenses of any kind and character whatsoever incurred by us relating to or arising from (i) access to or use, by you or permitted by you, of the Website, or (ii) any of your acts or omissions, including breach or non-performance of these Website Terms and any violation of any third party rights.
Financial Material Disclosure
Forward-Looking Statements – The Website, and any documents issued by us and available through the Website, may contain statements which constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of applicable securities laws. Those statements can be identified by the use of words such as “believe,” “expect,” “plan,” “may,” “will,” “should,” “anticipate” or similar statements or the negative of these words. Forward-looking statements include statements made as to future operations, costs, capital expenditures, cash flow, improvements in infrastructure, distribution and replenishment systems and operating efficiencies, sales and earnings estimates or trends and expansion plans and projections. These forward-looking statements are based on our current expectations. Known and unknown internal and external risks and uncertainties may cause the actual results to be materially different from those expressed in or implied by the forward-looking statements. The information contained in our most recent Annual Report to shareholders, including information contained under the section captioned “Management’s Discussion and Analysis,” as well as other information included under the caption “Risk Factors” and/or in other of our filings with applicable securities exchanges and/or regulators, identifies important factors that could cause actual results to differ from those contemplated by forward-looking statements. We undertake no obligation to update forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances that occur after the date the statements were made.
Press Releases – The information contained within press releases issued by us should not be deemed accurate or current except as of the date the release was posted. We have no intention of updating, and specifically disclaim any duty to update, the information in the press releases. To the extent any information therein is forward-looking, it is intended to fit within the safe harbor for forward-looking statements, and is subject to material risk.
Third-Party Financial Information – We may provide links to third-party websites or services that contain financial or investment information about us. Access to such websites and the information contained therein is provided as service to those interested in the information. We neither regularly monitor nor have control over the content of third parties’ statements or websites. Accordingly, we do not endorse or adopt these websites or any information contained therein, including, without limitation, analyst’s reports and stock quotes. We make no representations or warranties whatsoever regarding the accuracy or completeness of the content, information, or opinions of third-party websites or other third-party information that is identified on the Website. You may visit these websites and use the information contained therein at your own risk.
Interpretation – In these Website Terms, (i) the captions and headings are for convenience only and do not constitute substantive matter and are not to be construed as interpreting the contents of these Website Terms, (ii) the word “including”, the word “includes” and the phrase “such as”, when following a general statement or term (whether or not non-limiting language such as “without limitation” or “but not limited to” or other words of similar import are used with reference thereto), is not to be construed as limiting, and the word “or” between two or more listed matters does not imply an exclusive relationship between the matters being connected, (iii) all references to website addresses or URLs shall also include any successor or replacement websites containing substantially similar information as the referenced website(s), and (iv) any monetary amounts expressed are in Canadian dollars unless otherwise specified.
Waiver of Rights and Remedies – Our failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Website Terms will not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between you and us nor trade practice shall act to modify any provision of these Website Terms. Our rights, powers and remedies in these Website Terms, including without limitation the right to suspend, restrict or terminate your access to any portion of the Website, are cumulative and in addition to and not in substitution for any right, power or remedy that may be available to us at law or in equity.
Severability – If any provision of these Website Terms is determined to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, such invalidity or unenforceability will attach only to such provision or part thereof and the remaining part of such provision and all other provisions hereof will continue in full force and effect.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction – These Website Terms and the rights of the parties hereto are governed by, and will at all times be construed in accordance with, the laws in force in the Province of British Columbia and the laws of Canada applicable therein, without reference to its conflict of laws principles. You hereby irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of British Columbia in connection with any matter arising out of or in connection with these Website Terms.
Assignment and Inurement – We may at any time assign our rights and obligations under these Website Terms, in whole or in part, without notice to you. You may not assign these Website Terms without our prior, written consent. These Website Terms will inure to the benefit of and bind you and us and our respective personal and legal representatives, successors and permitted assigns.
Survival – All provisions that, by their meaning or nature, are intended to survive termination or expiry of these Website Terms shall survive termination or expiration of these Website Terms.
Relationship – You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment or agency relationship exists between us and you as a result of these Website Terms or your use of the Website.
Entire Agreement – These Website Terms, as amended from time to time, including any and all documents, websites, rules, terms and policies referenced herein, constitutes the entire agreement between us and you with respect to the matters referred to in these Website Terms and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements and understandings, whether electronic, oral or written, between us and you with respect to such matters.
English Language – The parties have requested and agree that this agreement and all documents relating thereto be drawn up in English / Les parties ont demandé que cette convention ainsi que tous les documents qui s’y rattachent soient rédigés en anglais.
Questions and Concerns:
If you have any questions or concerns about these Website terms, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Introduction and General Concepts
We respect and uphold individual rights to privacy and the protection of personal information. We know how important it is to protect your personal information and want to make every customer experience safe and secure. In keeping with that goal, we have developed this Policy to explain our practices for the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information. We have appointed a Privacy Officer who is responsible for our compliance with this Policy. Information on how to contact the Privacy Officer can be found below.
- Personal Information
For the purposes of this Policy, “personal information” means information about an identifiable individual, including, for example, an individual’s name, home address, telephone number, social insurance number, sex, income and family status. Personal information does not include information that would enable an individual to be contacted at a place of business, for example an employee’s name, position or title, business telephone number, or business address. We will only collect, use or disclose personal information in accordance with this Policy, or in accordance with laws applicable to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information by us (“Applicable Privacy Laws”).
- Non-Personal Information
On the other hand, “non-personal information” is any type of information other than personal information, and is excluded from this Policy. For example, non-personal information would include business information, or information that enables an individual to be contacted at a place of business, for example an employee’s name, position or title, business telephone number, or business address. Non-personal information also includes information that is anonymous or not about an identifiable information, such as web browsing information (such as the domain used to access the Website, or the type and version of device, browser or operating system being used to access the Service), or aggregate information that anonymizes the underlying data (like the number of visitors, what pages users visit, average time spent on the Website or on various parts of the Service). We will collect, use or disclose non-personal information in accordance with our ordinary business practices, but always in accordance with any applicable laws. This Policy, however, only covers our collection, use and disclosure of personal information.
- Information about Minors
This site is intended solely for users who are 13 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect personal information about any person under the age of 13, and no such person, nor any parent or guardian as it relates to such person, should submit their personal information to us for any reason. Please do not submit personal information about minors to us, whether through the Website, the Service or otherwise.
- Privacy Officer
We have appointed a Privacy Officer who is responsible for our compliance with this Policy. Information on how to contact the Privacy Officer can be found below.
- Collection and Use of Personal Information
As indicated above, we collect two types of information through our Service: personal information and non-personal information. The types of information we collect about you will depend on the nature of your interaction with us or the Service.
- Information we collect from you
We may collect the following personal information from you:
- contact information such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number;
- preferences information such as request history and marketing preferences; and
- any information that you voluntarily enter, including personal information, into any postings, comments, reviews, or forms
- Information we automatically collect
We may also automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, operating system, as well as which aspects of our performance metric indicators available with our technology or our licensees’ products you prefer using. Some of this may be personal information, but in typical cases it is non-personal information. Specific examples follow:
- IP, etc.—When using our Website, we may collect the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer, the IP address of your Internet Service Provider, the date and time you access our Website, the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Website, the operating system you are using, the sections of our Website you visit, the Website pages read and images viewed, and the content you download from the Website. This information is used for Website and system administration purposes, and to improve the Website.
- Cookies—We may use “cookies”, a technology that installs a small amount of information on a user’s computer to permit the Website to recognize future visits using that computer. Cookies enhance the convenience and use of the Website. For example, the information provided through cookies is used to recognize you as a previous user of the Website, to offer personalized content and information for your use, to track your activity at the Website, to respond to your needs, and to otherwise facilitate your Website experience. You may choose to decline cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may affect your use of the Website and your ability to access certain features of the Website or engage in transactions through the Website.
- Tracking Information—We may use web beacons or single-pixel gif tags to compile tracking information reports regarding Website user demographics, Website traffic patterns, Website purchases and other aggregated Website statistics, and may be used in our emails to determine which emails and links have been used by recipients. We may then provide these reports to advertisers and others. None of the tracking information in these reports can be connected to the identities or other personal information of individual users. For our own research purposes we may link tracking information with personal information voluntarily provided by Website users. Once such a link is made, all of the linked information is treated as personal information and will be used and disclosed only in accordance with this Policy.
- Use of Personal Information
We may use your personal information, in combination with your non-personal information, for a variety of business purposes, for example to:
- send you a confirmation, if applicable;
- send you requested information;
- send new product or service information;
- respond to customer service requests;
- send you a newsletter;
- carry out contests or promotions;
- send you marketing communications;
- respond to your questions and concerns;
- improve our Services and marketing efforts;
- conduct research and analysis;
- display content based upon your interests; and
- for other purposes as described in this Policy.
- Your Consent
We will collect, use, or disclose your personal information only with your knowledge and consent, except where required or permitted by Applicable Privacy Laws. When you choose to provide us with your personal information you consent to the use of your personal information as identified in this Policy and as may be further identified at the time of collection.
- Express Consent
Sometimes you will be asked to give your express consent to our collection, use or disclosure of personal information – for example, by being asked to check a box to indicate your consent to receive marketing communications in compliance with Canada’s anti-spam laws.
- Implied Consent
Other times, you may provide your implied consent to our collection, use or disclosure of personal information when we can reasonably conclude that you have given consent by some action you have taken or an action you have decided not to take. Generally, this occurs where the purpose for the use of your personal information would be reasonably apparent to you – for example, when you provide us with your address through a form or email seeking information, you provide us with implied consent to use that address in order to respond to your request.
- Withdrawing Your Consent
You may notify us at any time that you wish to withdraw or change your consent to our use and disclosure or your personal information. We will accommodate your request subject to legal and contractual restrictions. The most common way of indicating this withdrawal of consent is (i) by changing your privacy preferences to the extent such functionality is made available through the Service, or (ii) deleting your account with the Service and stopping use of the Service. In other situations, you may be able to opt out of the use of your personal information. For example, if you have “opted in” or subscribed to one of our mailing lists, we will always provide you the opportunity to “opt out” or unsubscribe. For example, if you receive emails from us, we will provide a link in the email which you can use to unsubscribe from that mailing list, or you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also choose not to provide us with your personal information. However, if you make this choice we may not be able to provide you with the Service, or information that you have requested.
- Information Obtained from Third Parties
If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us and in accordance with this Policy and such policy under which that information was collected.
- Disclosure and Sharing of Your Information
We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Policy. We will not sell your personal information to third parties, however the use of our Service necessarily requires some sharing or disclosure of your personal information. Some of these activities may result in personal information collected by us being stored or processed in the United States or elsewhere outside of Canada and, as a result, your personal information may be accessible to law enforcement and regulatory authorities in accordance with the USA PATRIOT Act, the USA FREEDOM Act and other applicable laws of the United States or elsewhere.
- Third Party Processors
We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with the Service such as web hosting providers, payment processors, product shipping providers, fulfilment agencies, or customer service agencies (“Third Party Processors”). These Third Party Processors are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us, and in a manner consistent with this Policy. We have selected Third Party Processors who will only use your information in compliance with this Policy, but they may have their own specific policies regarding the collection, use and personal information. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to identify such Third Party Processors when we are collecting your personal information, as well as providing links to the relevant privacy policies that may apply.
- Further Disclosures
We may also disclose your personal information (i) as required by law such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process, (ii) when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request, or (iii) to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
- Third Party Links
Our Service may contain links to other websites or Internet resources which are provided solely for your convenience and information. When you click on one of those links you are contacting another website or Internet resource. We have no responsibility or liability for, or control over, those other websites or Internet resources or their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of those other websites to learn how they collect and use your personal information.
- Security of Personal Information
- General Security Practices
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. We employ physical, administrative, contractual and technological safeguards to protect personal information, and insist that our service providers do the same. We insist that our personnel, and those of our providers, only access and use personal information in order to properly perform those duties, and even then only to the strict extent necessary to perform them.
- Online Security
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, and so you should always exercise caution when disclosing sensitive information over the Internet.
If you have any questions about security on our Website, you can contact us at email@example.com.
- Requests for Access to and Correction of Personal Information
Applicable Privacy Laws allow, to varying degrees, individuals the right to access and/or request the correction of errors or omissions in his or her personal information that is in our custody or under our control. Our Privacy Officer will assist you with such an access request. This includes:
- identification of personal information under our custody or control;
- information about how personal information under our control may be or has been used by us; and
- the names of any individuals and organizations to which the individual’s personal information has been disclosed.
We will respond to requests within the time allowed by Applicable Privacy Laws and will make every effort to respond as accurately and completely as possible. Any corrections made to personal information will be promptly sent to any organization it was disclosed to.
In certain exceptional circumstances, we may not be able to provide access to certain personal information it holds about an individual. If access cannot be provided, we will notify the individual making the request within 30 days, in writing, of the reasons for the refusal.
- CASL Policy
We are committed to compliance with the law known as Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (“CASL”). Any electronic communication sent by us to outside parties is protected by a range of business procedures, processes and policies to ensure that such communication is done in compliance with CASL. In our electronic communications with outside parties, we comply with the rules established by CASL and enforced by various Canadian authorities including the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission. CASL regulates, and our policies generally apply to, each commercial electronic message we send (a “CEM”), which is an electronic message sent to an electronic address that, among its purposes, encourages participation in a commercial activity.
In addition to adopting this Policy, and to provide transparency about our compliance, we have undertaken various initiatives in order to ensure we are compliant with CASL in various respects:
- Consent—We do not send CEMs without your consent. This consent typically must be “express” (or expressly acknowledged by you), but in certain circumstances consent can be “implied” and in others, messages are specifically exempt from consent requirements. We have modified or adopted our sign-up, registration and consent forms in order to ensure that the express consent obtained from you is in compliance with CASL. When we are collecting your electronic contact information, you will know what purposes we want to use it for.
- Content—We have adopted processes to ensure that our CEMs contain the prescribed content of CASL. On any CEM from us (usually in the footer), we will clearly:
- Identify ourselves as the party sending the CEM, and whether we are sending the message on our own behalf or on behalf of someone else;
- Provide you contact information where you can readily contact us; and
- Set out a clear, working unsubscribe mechanism (or preference centre) that is easy to use, automatic, and at no cost to you (other than your own cost of connecting to the Internet).
- Clarity—We have ensured that each constituent element of a CEM (including its header, its content, or any links or URLs in the CEM) conveys the appropriate information, whether viewed individually or taken as a whole, so that you always know what you are clicking on.
If you have received a CEM from us, and you believe that you should not have or you do not wish to receive them (even if we are allowed to send them), we will endeavour to respect your inbox preferences. Without limiting our legal rights or obligations, we try to ensure that our messages all contain useful identity information and unsubscribe or preferences link in our messages—if you check the CEM itself, you will find clear instructions on how to stop receiving CEMs from us or manage your mail preferences. When you unsubscribe, it should happen very quickly – but as required by CASL we will make sure it occurs within 10 business days. If you have any questions or concerns about our unsubscribe methods, you may contact us at the address indicated below.
- Removal of Your Information
We keep your information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes and to meet any legal requirements. Personal information used to make a decision that directly affects an individual will be kept for at least one year after such a decision. We have retention standards that meet these parameters. We destroy your information when it is no longer needed or required to be kept, or we remove your personally identifiable information to render it anonymous.
- Contact Information
You can direct any questions or concerns regarding our compliance with this Policy to our Privacy Officer by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not satisfied with our Privacy Officer’s response to their question or concern you may be able to make a complaint under Applicable Privacy Laws. Our Privacy Officer can provide you with the contact information to make such a complaint.