LexaGene is a biotechnology company that develops genetic analyzers for pathogen detection and other molecular markers for automated testing in veterinary diagnostics, food safety and other markets.
LexaGene is looking for a motivated, highly creative and broadly skilled Software Engineer to join its fast-growing team to play a key role in developing our pathogen detection platform. You will work closely with staff engineers and scientists as well as engineering and manufacturing partners to bring new products to commercialization and launch.
In this role, you will work with the design, development and application teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and translate findings into pragmatic and effective technical solutions. We are looking for an individual with software engineering skills in C#, Python, JIRA and formal software process. Additional requirements include cross-platform integration and test for clinical automation applications.
– Manage a small software development team and process.
– Manage an external partner software contracting firm.
– Design and implement software architectures for complex, integrated medical systems comprised of sensing for image acquisition, algorithms for image processing as well as robotics for automated microfluidic control
– Closely work with hardware, software and UX design teams to capture and implement design needs
– Develop and implement a software quality and test process to include code reviews, unit and integration tests and release processes.
– Troubleshooting mindset, an ability to systematically and effectively break down a system or process into subparts to identify failure mechanisms
– Develop, write and review software requirements, design specifications and test plans
Desired Skills & Experience:
– BS or MS in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science minimum
– Minimum 10 years of industry experience in software development of complex products, ideally FDA regulated. IEC 62304 knowledge is preferred.
– 5+ years of experience managing software development teams
– Proven track record of leading Agile development teams and projects required
– A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience with Java, .Net, source control, unit testing, and test automation frameworks.
– Experience designing, developing and maintaining application user interfaces
– Passionate with a strong desire to learn and succeed and play a key role in developing new technologies.
– Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
Applicants should expect a rapid-growth environment, where there is room for career advancement for talented and driven employees. Industry competitive benefits are offered, including health, dental, vision, 401k, and RSUs.
Please send application materials to email@example.com.