We are searching for a driven, detailed-orientated Engineering Technician/ Service Engineer to join our growing organization. In this role you will work closely with Engineering, Systems Integration, Manufacturing and Quality to help support manufacturing, final test, customer installations, technical issues in-house and in the field.
The ideal candidate should possess a strong background in troubleshooting of complex Mechanical and Electrical systems, the ability to work well independently, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, background in medical device fluidics would be a plus.
Service Engineer / Sr. Engineering Technician Primary Responsibilities
- Perform system installation and technical support. Conduct module level tests, check results against specifications, test procedures and data sheets to determine proper functioning and quality of product internally and at customer sites.
- Plan and successfully execute all service activity including installation, repair and preventive maintenance activity.
- Work with team to develop diagnostic and repair procedures and documentation
- Plan, establish and coordinate spare/repair parts stocking and shipping.
- Interfaces directly with customers to ensure that all customer requirements, goals and objectives are fully understood and communicated to responsible departments.
- Communicate regularly and effectively all service, support and business activity to appropriate departments within the company.
- Communicates regularly with customer base to ensure satisfaction with our products and services.
- Assist manufacturing in the assembly and debugging of said products and equipment.
- Inspect product design for problems or errors.
- Run tests on products and equipment to ensure they function properly.
- Analyzes system or product performance.
- Provide suggestions for ways to improve products and equipment.
- Address and resolve issues and problems with products.
- Ensures that all safety procedures are observed during laboratory work.
Requirements for Application
- Possesses background knowledge in troubleshooting and repair.
- Capable of conducting independent testing.
- Works well with team members and on their own.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates patience when running multiple tests.
- Exhibits strong organizational skills.
- Possesses solid writing skills.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Able to understand and interpret engineering terminology.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn new products as they are introduced.
- Exhibits familiarity with proper lab safety procedures.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- A willingness to travel (50%-80%) and work overtime when required.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Associate degree or higher in Engineering Technology or Biomedical Engineering.
- 2 to 10 years’ experience in an engineering environment with field service experience.
- Applicants should expect a rapid-growth environment, where there is room for career advancement for talented and driven employees. Industry competitive benefits are offered, including health, dental, vision, 401k, and RSUs.