From high-level product requirements to architecture conceptualization and detailed safety analyses, the Senior Systems Engineer will collaborate with software, electrical, mechanical, quality engineers and biology group to design to continuously improve LexaGene’s microfluidic rapid PCR technology.
Senior Systems Engineer Primary Responsibilities
- Senior member of the engineering Team optimizing microfluidic control from requirements management and system architecture to product commercialization
- Investigate, create, and develop new methods and technologies for project advancement through a combination of individual studies and team research
- Develop, characterize, and optimize fluidics design within the system and future consumables
- Engage in hands on fabrication and testing of sub-systems and devices
- Manage and lead resolution of systems engineering issues including architecture, hardware, and software design tradeoffs
- Perform and document feasibility, design, verification, validation, and risk analysis activities under design controls within the new product development process potentially working alongside outsourced partners.
- Knowledge of molecular biology concepts, qPCR and/or DNA sequencing
- Lead Risk Management activities to ensure that design and process shortcomings are identified and appropriately addressed.
- Coach engineers of all experience levels with an eye toward their continued development and the overall performance of the Systems Engineering Team.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- MS or Ph.D degree in Bioengineering, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical engineering
- 5+ years fluidic systems, microfluidics, automation engineering, production engineering, or related field
- Strong understanding of system design, electronics, mechanical and software integration.
- Familiarity with ISO 13485, FDA Design Controls, UL and CE requirements
- Experience with designing and optimizing microfluidic systems, qPCR systems, automated diagnostics is a plus but not required
- Strong documentation skills, including the ability to develop system test protocols, and deliver formalized technical reports.
- Respond rapidly and flexibly to emerging issues in production, quality, engineering, or supply chain.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in cross-functional team.
- Applicants should expect a rapid-growth environment, where there is room for career advancement for talented and driven employees. Industry competitive benefits are offered, including health, dental, vision, 401k, and more.