Beverly, Massachusetts, United States (Flexible work model: e.g., onsite, hybrid, or remote)
LexaGene is a dynamic biotechnology company whose commercial product is poised for continued success in its target markets. We are looking for a Director of Marketing & Communications to spearhead our go-to-market strategic plan. The role will have touchpoints into business development, product marketing, PR, and communications.
Overall responsibilities for SEO, marketing automation, analytics, website accuracy, digital and printed corporate & product assets, tradeshows, and internal communications.
Direct and set marketing goals on a long-term, annual, and quarterly basis and manage the marketing budget.
Provide regular marketing updates, addressing any issues, and aligning on progress to achieve goals.
Foster and provide necessary training to the organization on marketing best practices.
Work collaboratively with various internal stakeholders to ensure there is buy-in and understanding about our marketing plans, future marketing campaigns and efforts, and marketing targets and gaps.
Build and manage a marketing team. As necessary, mentor and directly manage marketing team member(s), including monitoring and evaluating performance on an individual and functional level.
- Oversee branding for conferences / tradeshows
- Oversee company branding including product and corporate messaging
- Ensure that all product and thought leadership marketing materials and initiatives represent value to our customers, including webinars, white papers, and case studies
- Create content to drive demand and lead generation
- Create documentation supporting product launch for our flagship sample-to-answer pathogen detection platform
- Manage content plan – establishing a calendar of activities on a quarterly basis
- Act as editor and writer for all customer-facing communication
- Act as lead for any outsourced or contracted marketing vendors (e.g., graphics, web)
- Build creative and visual content – for all advertising or paid media buys
- Pursue earned media opportunities by pitching company, product, and scientific research to media
Demand & Lead Generation
- In collaboration with our Sales team, drive the differentiation of LexaGene’s MiQLab® System by understanding industry trends and defining the key drivers of value for the customer to articulate our value through our marketing activities
- Create sales enablement tools and content
- Assist in training sales staff
- Enhance marketing automation to ensure all our marketing activities are connected, workflows and content are optimized
- Understand through collaboration with the Sales team the voice-of-customer and how these influences buying decisions
- Perform a competitive landscape review and other market research
- Assist in developing packaging and product marketing materials
- Create sales enablement content, both print and video (e.g., YouTube videos, testimonials, etc.)
- Collaborate with science/biology, engineering, and operations to ensure all product materials are precise and accurate for customer-facing communication
- In collaboration with the CEO, CFO, and Sales team establish business driving goals and strategies for our marketing function aligned to the support of our commercial product, MiQLab® System
- Assist with corporate messaging tied to investor communications
- Assist with LexaGene driven corporate updates (e.g., annual, or quarterly updates)
- Keep ear to ground on investor temperature and loop CEO and CFO into conversations as needed
- Minimum of 10 years industry experiences in marketing including but not limited to product launches, strategic planning, branding, communications, product marketing
- Any experience in veterinary diagnostics, biologics manufacturing, human IVD, or food safety testing is a plus
- Experience marketing genomic or PCR related products is a plus
- Confident speaker and skilled writer
- Proficient with CRM (e.g., Salesforce, HubSpot, Marketo, Trello, etc.)
- Willingness to travel (5-10%)
- Subsidized Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Health Club, and 401K + matching contribution plan
- Equity incentive (e.g., Restricted Share Unites and/or Stock Options)
- Employment type: Full time
- Compensation: $TBD/year depending on experience
About LexaGene Inc.
LexaGene is a publicly traded diagnostics company (OTCQB: LXXGF; TSX-V: LXG) that has commercialized the very first fully automated pathogen detection platform that is open-access. The open-access feature will empower end-users to target any pathogen of interest, as they can load their own real-time PCR assays onto the instrument for customized pathogen detection. End-users simply need to collect a sample, load it onto the System with a sample preparation cartridge, and press ‘go.’ The instrument offers excellent sensitivity, specificity, and breadth of pathogen detection. The instrument is designed to work in veterinary hospitals and return results in about 2 hours.
• Seniority Level: Director (TBD based on experience)
• Industry: Diagnostics
• Employment Type: Full-time
• Job Function: Marketing